4.2 Reviewed by SusanRating:
The GRP90WGR model has been one of the best George Foreman grills on the market for a number of years. Unfortunately, it is now very hard to find. The manufacturer has not released an official statement, but it appears to have been discontinued.
Don’t give up though, because you still have two good options:
(1) Search for this model
At last check (April 2014) the only grills of this model available from Amazon are used. That could change, so if this is your top pick you can click here to check current availability. One other possible source is www.Sears.com, but note that this item is only available from Sears through a third party seller. Finally, you might also find refurbished models at places like Overstock.com.
- George Foreman GRP4EP Platinum Evolve Grill with 2 Grill Plates, 1 Deep-Dish Bake Pan and 1 Mini Burger Insert Click link to read our review. (opens in new tab or window)
- Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler Click link to read our review. (opens in new tab or window)
Both of the above two models ARE currently available, and both are very similar to the GRP90WGR model.
Read our complete George Foreman GRP90WGR Grill Review below.
Table of Contents
Click a topic to read ahead!
- Indoor Countertop Grill with 72 square inch cooking surface
- 5 Removable Grill Plates, all dishwasher safe
- Temperature Control Dial
- Adjustable Tilt Angle (for cooking on either flat or sloped surface)
- 1 Year Limited Warranty (applies to NEW product only)
The George Foreman GRP90WGR Next Grilleration Electric Nonstick Grill with 5 Removable Plates has a large, 84 inch grilling surface, and it is perfect for preparing a variety of delicious, healthy foods. The patented sloped design of this indoor contact grill allows fat to drain off food as it cooks, while the adjustable tilt angle allows for cooking on a flat surface when you prefer.
This model includes a temperature dial lets you control the heat setting for excellent results no matter what type of food you are grilling. Its large extemded loop handle is ergonomic, durable, and stays cool to the touch.
The five interchangeable plates (2 ribbed grill plates, 2 waffle plates, and 1 plate for griddling or baking) give you a great way to cook everything from grilled steak and chicken to waffles or pancakes to panini and toasted sandwiches.
Clean up is easy with this grill because the plates are removable and dishwasher safe.(Back to Top)
The GRP90WGR Grill includes:
- 2 grill plates (ribbed for standard grilling)
- 2 waffle plates
- 1 griddle/baking plate
Be aware that replacement grill plates for this model may no longer be available.(Back to Top)
Our research did not turn up any available accessories specifically for this model. However, you can find items such as grill cleaning sponges that will work well on many types of George Foreman grills.(Back to Top)
Over 60% of online reviewers gave the GRP90WGR grill a 5 star rating. Of those who give the grill a low rating, the most common complaints relate to units that did not work correctly right out of the box. The lesson here is, first make sure you buy from a reputable seller, and when you receive your product use it right away to be sure everything is working correctly. Even the best of manufacturers create a “lemon” every now and then, so you want to be sure that if you get a bad one, you will be able to return it for replacement or refund.
Overall though, consumers rave about how well this grill works to cook a variety of foods. They also love the removable plates because it makes for much faster and easier clean up.(Back to Top)
- Good size for average user (72 square inches of grilling space)
- Includes 3 types of plates so you can grill, bake, or make waffles
- Plates are removable and dishwasher safe
- Adjustable temperature gives you better control
- Hard to locate a new model from a reputable seller
- May cost extra simply because it is scarce
- Additional plates not available for this model
- Replacement parts may be hard to find or unavailable
Due to the limited availability of this product, there is no consistent source for the best price. Be aware that you may see some outrageous prices for a new model simply because it is scarce. Generally speaking, you’ll find the best price on Amazon, and their third party sellers are rated so you can judge their reputation as a seller before you buy.
If you can locate a new George Foreman GRP90WGR Grill, you might be very pleased with it. It has been a top seller among indoor grills for a good number of years, and for the most part it gets excellent reviews. However, since it appears that this model has been (or is about to be) discontinued, it might not be the best investment. For one thing, it is so scarce that the new ones we found were selling for a premium price. As well, some of the newer models offer additional plates or other accessories that may interest you.
Before you buy, you may want to check out the two very similar grills mentioned above:
- George Foreman GRP4EP Platinum Evolve Grill —
Check Price on Amazon
(links will open in new tab or window)
- Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler (Model GR-4N) —
Check price on Amazon.
(links will open in new tab or window).
- → Or use our quick reference table to see the grills and their features side by side:
Best Indoor Grills – Comparison Chart