This traditional Japanese treat has become a favorite here in America (and in Europe too!), and with a sushi making kit you don’t have to wait until you dine out.
The Problem With Making Sushi at Home
Those trained chefs you’ve watched make it look so simple and fun, and maybe it is for a few talented folks. Then there’s the rest of us.
Far too often, avid fans of this delectable dish run out and buy a bamboo rolling mat and lots of tasty ingredients, all with high expectations. Back home in the kitchen, though, their enthusiasm quickly turns to frustration. Who knew it could be so much more complicated than it appears?
The Solution to Rolling Your Own
A great way for beginners to get started is with a good sushi making kit. Instead of ending up with such a mess that you toss everything in the trash and give up, you can actually experience success.
The kit pictured below is made by SushiQuick, and the best thing about this company is that they offer everything you need, not only in the product package, but also in the instructions which is every bit as important.
This kit includes everything you need:
- Frame that serves as a guide for measuring rice
- Non-stick rice paddle for easy spreading
- 2 end caps for use holding in sauce
- Cutting guide for even slicing (and to spare your fingers)
- Downloadable recipe E-book
The roller is designed for using standard size sushi sheets (approx. 7 inches by 8 inches). All of the parts are safe for the dishwasher, so cleanup is fast and easy.
See How Simple Sushi Can Be
If you still think it sounds complicated, watch this quick demo (barely over a minute long) to see just how it’s done:
Who is this kitchen gadget for?
- Those who have never tried making sushi at home and want an easy way to learn
- Anyone who has tried making homemade rolls and ended up with nothing but frustration and a mess of wasted ingredients
- Healthy eaters on your gift list – either those who love sushi, or those who would enjoy adding something new and unique to their diets
Want to know more? Check it out on Amazon: